Thursday 14 July 2016

Week 7...

SLAB DAY :)

Another mile stone reached today. By lunchtime the slab was poured, all 70ish cubic meters of it.
Two trucks and an army of workers made quick work of it.


8:30am


By lunchtime it was looking close to finished to my untrained eye, although they assured me there was still plenty left to do. Voids were left for sliding door frames, shower bases were recessed in, footings for outdoor areas were done etc.


1:00pm
5:00 pm - The end of a very productive day. A slab for a slab ;)


With every step it is getting easier to visualise the actual size of the house. Which was confirmed by a comment made by one of the concreters
"That's a big shower, the biggest one I've ever done! Don't know how many shower heads you're having in there but it'll have to be more than two."
EEEEKK! I keep freaking out that the whole house is too big but I'm sure once it's finished, filled with furniture and family it'll be just right.


Coffee cup in foreground to show the scale of our shower, I guess it is pretty huge but it's going to be amazing.


Electrical inspector also came today so we should have power in the next week or two (hopefully).

Earlier in the week we spent a whopping 4 1/2 hours with the cabinet maker in Bairnsdale nutting out the design for our kitchen, pantry, bathroom, laundry, en-suite and all the WIRs. Most of that time was spent on configurations with only a quick half an hour or so spent on colours and finishes as I was pretty organised with what I wanted already. I can't wait for the drawings to be sent through (insert excited face here), don't worry I'll make sure I share with all you good folks out there.

The progress so far.


      
The frames are getting delivered on Monday and the builders start on Tuesday so hopefully by next weeks post it will be starting to look a whole lot more like a real house.

No comments:

Post a Comment