Wednesday 30 November 2016

Week 26...

This week we got LIGHTS!!!!

I'm in love with these 40cm Toledo Pendants from Schots Home Emporium 
Originally when I was designing the kitchen I had envisioned 3 pendants over the island bench, you know that whole rule about 3 or 5, but I am so glad we decided that 2 large lights was better than trying to squash in 3 smaller ones. I have a real hate for white light to me these warm yellow globes make all the difference. It turns the feel from stark and clinical to homely and inviting.




My pride and joy, the pantry, is coming along nicely too. Not only do we have a series of downlights, our amazing electrician has also added strip lighting along the bottom of all the overhead shelves and cupboards both in here and in the main part of the kitchen. And because I didn't want too much natural light (food storage and sunlight don't really go hand-in-hand) streaming in through a window I decided on a Solatube Skylight instead. This will provide enough light on a standard day to be able to duck in and grab whatever I need without having to turn lights on and off.


No comments:

Post a Comment