Thursday 18 August 2016

Building the baby a room

As if life isn't exciting enough at the moment but then we had to go and throw a baby into the mix too.

And now I get to plan a NURSERY!!!!!!!!!!!



We've decided we're not going to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. However I must say that I've toed and froed with this decision A LOT! The organisation-freak side of me desperately wants to know but then on the other hand I love nothing better than a good surprise.
Anyway the decision has been made........... I think...

I was never going to paint a room pink or blue but neither do I want everything yellow or green. So I'm thinking something along these lines.






I'm loving the whites, light greys and neutral colours that will suit either a boy or girl. I know white and kids doesn't necessarily go hand in hand but as I've found time and time again its either that or pink or blue.

I do want some pops of colour like this beautiful rug from Hard To Find

   and this hot air balloon mobile from Schots Home Emporium


and theses beautiful watercolours from The Animal Print Shop



I keep finding myself coming back to a 'sky' theme with clouds, hot air balloons, rain drops etc.


and bunting. I do love bunting. I'm going to have to pull the sewing machine out and get my stitching on.


Minor detail in all of this is when this room (and the rest of the house) will actually be ready??? I'm sure not holding my breath for the room to beat the baby but it would be nice. So fingers crossed please everyone xx

No comments:

Post a Comment