Wednesday 10 August 2016

Week 11... (or 17 depends on what you are counting)

I can't believe we are 11 whole weeks into building our dream home. It still feels too good to be true.

And to make life all that much more exciting my husband and I are expecting out first child together in January 2017.


The race is really on now. Which will come first the baby or the house????

Once again the builders have been busy toiling away.


10/08/16

We now have the frames up for the carport and the entry.




Yesterday afternoon when I visited the block I got a nice surprise to see the windows had arrived!!! Thank-you to Dynamic Windows who supplied our double glazed aluminum framed windows. We decided to go for double glazing throughout the entire house to help with sustainable heating/cooling. We live in a relatively mild climate and combine this with double glazing, brick facade and epic insulation it will be interesting to see how much we will actually need to heat and cool the house. I am loving the aluminum frames for the low maintenance factor, the less painting the better as far as I'm concerned. 




The French Doors that will lead onto our own private deck off the master bedroom. I can so picture myself sitting out there in the wintery afternoon sun sipping a cup of tea and soaking up the rays.


This is the frame for the four-panel-stacker door that will lead from the pool/rumpus room out into the alfresco area. Loving how huge it is. *Doors to be delivered at a later date to avoid damage.

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting Jodie and Jason! Look forward to the next instalment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you. Exciting times ahead. Bring it on :)

    ReplyDelete