Saturday 23 April 2016

Up to date

As it stands now we are currently in limbo waiting for the council to approve our planning permit. This has been the most horrible part yet. Finally being at the stage where we and the builders are both ready to start and now everything has been paused while we wait for the plans. FRUSTRATED TO SAY THE LEAST!
Roughly two weeks ago we were notified that we had approval with a minor change to where our driveway will be. YAY! I can handle that.
So I quickly sat down and whipped out an updated landscaping sketch and sent it through. Just to begin with the waiting thing again. Remember at the beginning when I told you about 'Mallacoota Time' well this seems to be a perfect example of that.
Any way it is what it is and it's out of my control so instead I thought I'd take this opportunity to share with you a few of my design ideas.
Let's start with my favorite part of the house.

THE KITCHEN

  

Love the bench tops, splash back and lighting
I'm loving the white marble bench tops, contrasting island bench, glass fishing float like pendant lights (all though I will have three) and marble herringbone splash back. We are planning on having dark bamboo flooring through out most of the house with carpet in the lounge room and bedrooms. I'm not sold on the pillars on the bench tho or the door and draw pulls.
I've had my eye of these light from Schots with filament globes since we visited their Geelong show room a couple of years ago and think they are the perfect choice for the 'Hamptons with beachy tones' style we are going for.


My husband and I are currently having a slight difference of opinions on the splash back. I love the look a small marble tiles laid in a herringbone pattern with white grout however like these ones from Beaumont Tiles he has other ideas. Actually not ideas as such rather a hate for small tiles. He says "they look old and s#*t", I keep telling him can't ride off all small tiles, there is a difference. But he is yet to be swayed so we'll see who wins this one.


I plan on winning him over with the beauty of these tiles or if that doesn't work pulling the if you have a say in my kitchen then I get a say in you shed card and hoping I get there that way. Wish me luck.
























If you have a look back at our floor plan you will see that I have strategically positioned the kitchen so it can open out into the BBQ end of the outdoor area. I don't know about in your house but it is the same old story for me when it comes to having people over for a BBQ. I spend the whole time in the kitchen organizing the meat, cooking instruments, trays, salads, drinks, plates, cutlery, other various sides, desserts etc. while Jason and subsequently our guest stand around outside chatting and casually turning the snags in between beers while I'm missing the party alone in the kitchen. So this is my solution, a servery window that opens directly from the kitchen to the BBQ area complete with bar and stools so I can be part of the fun too.

My dads pretty handy at building stuff and has promised us a set of bar stools for under this window.
  
I'm just going to leave this here for your viewing pleasure ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment