Tuesday 10 May 2016

Dreaming of our master bedroom...

I am so looking forward to our new bedroom. We may have gone a bit over the top but it is going to be sooooo worth it. Because my husband is a diver this means he gets up at or just before daybreak on work days which is unfortunate for me as I am not a morning person. The funny thing is that neither is he, so on non-work days and will happily stay in bed till 9am. This means at least one of us is sneaking around every morning trying not to wake the other. Our solution to this is what I am calling our 'master retreat'; consisting of our bedroom, en-suite, walk-in-robe and a lobby (yes you read that right a lobby with its own entrance). The theory is that (the unlucky) one of us can get up; walk out of the bedroom (closing the door behind them) and get ready in the bathroom, en-suit and lobby area with out waking the other.

'MASTER RETREAT' - P.S check out the size of that shower :)
 I want to make our bedroom warm, cozy and inviting. A place that I look forward to retreating to at the end of each day. I want it to be grown-up, yet personal. I have a few things that I've collected over the years for our bedroom that is going to make it extra special. When my grandmother moved into a nursing home I was lucky enough to inherit some of her antique furniture including a beautiful polished walnut dresser which I plan to put in the bedroom against the wall of the lobby. We were also given a set of bedside lamps my incredibly talented aunt made using 'Shapre Bros. Ginger Beer' earthenware bottles as a wedding present. What makes these lamps so special is that I am a Sharpe (or I was before I got married) and it was my ancestors who made the ginger beer.




Sorry for the not so great picture of a 'Sharpe Bros. Ginger Beer' bottle but you get the idea. I'll post a picture of the actual lamps sometime in the future as they are safely packed away in our storage locker at the moment. 


BEDROOM INSPIRATION:


Left: Love the colours in this room - Blues and Oatmeal.                    Right: Love the shape a detailing on this bedhead.

Left: I love how warm and inviting this bedroom is.                                             Right: Love the couch at the end of the bed.

EN-SUITE INSPIRATION:

 

Left: Love the white cabinetry, chrome tap-ware, large mirror and marble tiles                              Right: Love white on white


Love the white cabinetry with the white bench tops and white walls matched with the chrome tap-ware and the large mirror; although I would add a white frame. We're not having 'his and hers' sinks as there is no need for our life style and I would prefer to have extra bench space instead.
I am totally in love with marble so want to make a feature using marble tiles on the large wall of our double shower.


Left: Hamptons tile inspiration                                            Right: Large marble hexagon shaped tiles - maybe for the floor??                      Concept tiles - http://www.concepttiles.com.au/


               Not sure exactly on which way I want to go with lighting in the en-suite just yet. Any suggestions?                                                    Left: I feel like this is the more traditional way to go.                    Right: But a series of pendant lights will add a wow factor.

WALK-IN-ROBE INSPIRATION:

 

Love the cabinetry of the of the left picture, the lighting of the middle picture coupled with an oversized framed mirror.


No comments:

Post a Comment